This month for Silicon Valley Moms Group bloggers' monthly book club we read a unique book - stories of birth, told from the perspective of a doctor. And a man. Hmmmm...think we might have some stories too?
- Chicago Moms Blog's Melanie M. leads us off
- Chefdruck from Chefdruck Musings talks about castor oil, a very potent old wives' tale
- Tracey from Just Another Review Blog reads before she jumps
- Alma from Marketing Mommy experienced two kinds of births
- Jennifer from The Kamienski Chronicles chronicles Benjamin's birth day
- Bonggamom from Finding Bonggamom tells her birth story part two (and three)
- Jen from Laughing at Chaos had two births, too different
- Jennifer from Connect with your Teens starts with "It was 20 years ago today..."
- Kim from Passion & Art muses about becoming a big sister
- Catherine from Everyday Life as Lyric Poetry talks birth day miracles
- Emily from Mama Sick is glad to have given birth in 2006
- Wife and Mommy from Wife and Mommy compares her birth stories to gorialls
- Mary Kate from New Jersey Moms Blog asks whether to turn or not to turn?
- Jill from Musings from Me was never prepared for her c-section
- Nicole from Not Just a Working Mom concludes that soccer coach does not equal birth coach
- Bonnie from Faith Barista had her eyes opened to what her husband experienced as an expectant dad during her pregnancies
- Linsey from Me Too You talks about the critical first five minutes and having babies in the NICU
- Amy Jo from The Cheese Party is planning for a natural child birth for her third time around
- Stacy from The Fabulous Miss S asks "did you know...?"
- CosMama from wellthoughtoutspot says that her pain in not your pain
More posts will be put up throughout the day on our writer's personal sites, so be sure to check back to follow along.
.... and if you have a post up on YOUR personal site on this topic, please leave a comment here and we will add your link!
Read about the book Birth Day here.
- What Happened to the Girl I Married? by Michael Miller
- Testimony by Anita Shreve
- Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs
- Much to Your Chagrin by Suzanne Guilette
- It Started with Pop-Tarts by Lori Hanson
- Who By Fire by Diana Spechler
- The White Trash Moms Handbook by Michelle Lamar
- Writing Motherhood by Lisa Garrigues
- The Vaccine Book by Dr. Robert W. Sears
- The Other Mother by Gwendolen Gross
If you have a book that you would like to submit for consideration for a future Silicon Valley Moms Group book club, please contact us at info (at) svmoms dot com.