Topic Day RECAP -- Celebrating More Birthdays
To the American Cancer Society and anyone who has faced a deadly disease like cancer, birthdays represent a different kind of marker -- one of progress. More than 11 million cancer survivors will celebrate a birthday this year, thanks to the progress we've made against the disease. To many of us, "Happy Birthday" is a victory song, because a world with less cancer is a world with more birthdays. And that's definitely something to celebrate.
In honor of the American Cancer Society's new campaign for more birthdays, SV Moms is celebrating with a special More Birthdays Bash. Today, bloggers from the Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, Chicago, D.C. Metro, Deep South, New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Rocky Mountain, Canada and 50 Something Moms blogs will be writing about all things birthdays and what they mean to us as moms.
Join us throughout the day as these posts go up. Who knows what our bloggers will write about. They may make you laugh...they may make you cry (kinda like at your last birthday party!). You may even get some great birthday tips! Look below the fold for a round up of all the posts on Birthdays!
Happy Birthday has taken on a whole new meaning... post cancer
One Present, Two Presents, Three Presents, Four
To Michael, on Your Fourth Birthday
No Cake, No Candles
I WILL be Singing the "Happy Birthday" Victory Song the Rest of My Life
It's My Birthday too, Yeah!
Can I Blow out Grandma's Birthday Candles?
My 30th Birthday Caper
Past Topic Days Include:
- Health Care Town Hall (August 2009)
- Children of the Recession (May 2009)
- The Economy & the Holidays (January 2009)
- Blogging for a Cause (December 2008)
- Diversity in Our Lives (November 2008)
- The Economy (October 2008)
- Birth Day, Adoption Day, the First Day of the Rest of Our Lives (July 2008)
- Sex, A Dirty Little Recap (May 2008)
- Recap - Education: Public, Private or Home Schools? (April 2008)
- Mom Bloggers Meetup with Katie Couric- Recap (April 2008)
- Recap! Parenting Guilt: Can We Overcome It? (March 2008)
- Recap! Coping With Illness While Caring For Family (March 2008)
- Recap! Parents At the Polls (February 2008)
- The Opportunity to Educate is a Terrible Thing To Waste - Recap (November 2007)
- The Parental Goes Political (October 2007)
Amy@UWM also writes for her personal blog, Up With Moms