Testimony by Anita Shreve: A Silicon Valley Moms Group Book Club
This month, for Silicon Valley Moms Group bloggers' monthly book club, we read a novel that many of us, as mothers, found tough to read. But probably every mother should read it. And their teenagers too - especially their teenagers.
- DC Metro Moms Blog's Amy G. leads us off with hoping she has done enough
- Wife and Mommy from Wife and Mommy thinks of all the moments she knew her life would never be the same
- Jennifer from Connect with your Teens discusses the ramifications and repercussions of teenage drinking
- Melanie from Tales from the Crib forecasts the future
- Bonggamom from Finding Bonggamom remembers temptation
- The Fabulous Miss S from Fabulous Miss S screamed in her head "No! Don't do it!"
- Silicon Valley Diva from Blog on the Wall shudders when she thinks back to her teenage years
- Kim from Passion & Art says no one asks to be raped
- Chefdruck from Chefdruck Musings gives her own testimony
- Jessica from It's My Life thinks about when the best isn't the best after all
- Robin from Who's the Boss gives her testimony
- Gayle from Everyday I Write the Book reviews Testimony
- Christina from The Carpool Reader goes through the evolution of a marriage
- Linsey from Me Too You is glad she got caught
More posts will be put up throughout the day on our writer's personal sites, so be sure to check back to follow along.
.... and if you have a post up on YOUR personal site on this topic, please leave a comment here and we will add your link!
About the book - from the publisher Hachette Book Group:
Writing with a pace and intensity surpassing even her own greatest work, Anita Shreve delivers in TESTIMONY a gripping emotional drama with the impact of a thriller. No one more compellingly explores the dark impulses that sway the lives of seeming innocents, the needs and fears that drive ordinary men and women into intolerable dilemmas, and the ways in which our best intentions can lead to our worst transgressions.
Past Silicon Valley Moms Group Book Clubs have included:
- Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs
- Much to Your Chagrin by Suzanne Guilette
- It Started with Pop-Tarts by Lori Hanson
- Who By Fire by Diana Spechler
- The White Trash Moms Handbook by Michelle Lamar
- Writing Motherhood by Lisa Garrigues
- The Vaccine Book by Dr. Robert W. Sears
- The Other Mother by Gwendolen Gross